Tuesday, December 5, 2023

 After spending about 10 years on Facebook and not publishing anything on this blog in about 6 years, I've decided to abandon Facebook and concentrate on this blog plus Flickr and other sites to share my photos and writings. I will discuss my experience with Facebook and other social media sites, and look at ways to increase my internet exposure. I've been busy since my last post, moved to Crescent City California, revived my woodworking interest and built a Grandfather Clock, and was blessed with a Granddaughter, Phoenix, born in the middle of the pandemic 12/26 /2020. 

My Facebook Experience: I've always known that FB tracks most of your on-line activity and over time have devised more intrusive and outright predatory monitoring techniques. I was diagnosed with cancer 1 year ago. Naturally I attempted to find out as much as possible about the disease and did a lot of on-line searches. Like most health issues, there is no limit to the devious charlatans spreading false information and cures all over the internet and elsewhere. Naturally my on-line feed was inundated with such false and dangerous information. To me this is criminal and immoral behavior practiced and indorsed by FB. The last straw with me and Fb occurred while I was preparing a comment in response to a friends post. Before I could post the comment, I received a warning from 
FB saying this comment violated community standards, do I want to continue? I then realized FB is a fascist organization that values money and propaganda more than good honest behavior. I also realized FB and most high end internet tech companies are a trap that lures people into their clutches with false and misleading promises, that later turn to threats and harassments to bilk you of more money.  

No comments:

Post a Comment